Health and Safety Policy
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of health and safety in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment also extends to ensuring that our operations do not place the local community or environment at risk of injury, illness or damage.
Aims and Objectives
Townsville Demolitions Pty Ltd will adopt procedures as a commitment to –
- provide and maintain healthy and safe workplaces, safe plant and systems of work;
- provide written procedures and instructions to ensure safe work practices;
- ensure compliance with legislative requirements, current industry standards and other requirements placed on the business;
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision to employees, contractors and customers as is necessary to ensure their continued health and safety; and
- provide support and assistance to employees and involve them in consultation on safety issues.
- Establish and maintain a Management System modelled on the Australian and international Standards ISO 9001:2008 Standard AS NZS 4801:2001 – and ISO 14001:2004.
- Improve the companies OHS performance
We recognise that the overall responsibility and commitment to provide a safe workplace rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. The commitment and responsibilities include:
- management review meetings to establish measurable objectives and targets and to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of work-related injuries and illnesses; and
- ensuring that all OHS policies and procedures are documented, reviewed, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees;
- providing adequate resources to meet these OHS commitments.
Employees also have responsibilities, which include –
- following all OHS policies and procedures; and
- recognising hazards which may affect the health and safety of themselves, others, or the environment.
We are committed to encouraging consultation and co-operation between management and employees,and will formally involve elected employee health and safety representatives in any workplace change or any matters that may affect the health and safety of employees in any workplace.
As part of our commitment to achieving the principles of environmental sustainability in our workplace, we recognise our moral and legal responsibility to ensure that:
. our activities, products and services are designed to enhance the environment in the communities in which we operate and do not place the local community or environment at risk of harm
. our operations comply with all relevant legislation, regulations and other company specific requirements
Aims and Objectives
We are committed to continual environmental improvement and prevention of pollution. We will work with our customers, suppliers and the community to adopt procedures that:
. reduce waste through innovative work practices and recycling practices
. minimise environmental impacts by reduction of polluting substances produced
. minimise the impact of our operations on the neighbouring community
. increase the use of environmentally acceptable materials, equipment and technology in place of those which are considered harmful
. ensure that our suppliers follow acceptable environmental policies and procedures
. actively educate, train and promote environmental awareness among staff, clients, customers and the general public
. establish and maintain a Management System modelled on the Australian and international Standards ISO 9001:2008 Standards AS NZS 4801:2001 and ISO 14001:2004.
Framework and Responsibilities
We recognise that the overall responsibility and environmental sustainability rests with management, who will be accountable for the implementation of this policy. The framework and resulting responsibilities include:
. management review meetings to set and review measureable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of waste, pollution and environmental harm
. an audit schedule ensuring that all environmental policies and procedures are implemented
. encouraging consultation and co-operation between management, employees and stakeholders in matters which may affect or impact on the environment: and
. ensuring that all Environmental policies and procedures are documented, reviewed, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees,
. providing adequate resources to meet these environmental commitments
Employees also have responsibilities, which include:
. following all environmental policies and procedures, and
. recognising and reporting hazards which may affect the health and well being of the environment.
Townsville Demolitions Pty Ltd is engaged in the business of industrial services and environmental management and this policy applies to all of our divisions throughout the organisation.
Townsville Demolitions Pty Ltd will consistently provide products and services that meet or exceed the requirements and expectations of our customers. We are committed to comply with our quality management system and actively pursue ever-improving quality through programs that improve the effectiveness of the quality management system.
Our mission is to reliably meet service levels and continually improve the appropriateness, efficiency, effectiveness, and timeliness of those services.
FRAMEWORK & OBJECTIVES
Townsville Demolitions Pty Ltd carries out regular management review meetings to establish and review the appropriateness, suitability and purpose of the company’s quality objectives. Townsville Demolitions Pty Ltd overall Quality Objectives are:
- to provide service advice and information that is relevant and cost effective to our clients
- to treat each client with professional ethics and “best practice management”
- to continually improve the quality of our management & services provided to our customers
- to understand and improve the business capacity of our clients
- to continue our own professional development to deliver contemporary services
- to provide products and services that are competitive
- to continually monitor and assess the provision of products and services to our customers
- to meet and where possible exceed our customers’ expectations
- to ensure company policies and procedures are communicated and understood by all employees